IMPORTANT NOTE: In consideration of COVID-19, we have pushed back our Direct Services Grant application deadline by three weeks–to Wednesday, April 15.
We are pleased to announce that our 2020 Direct Services Grant Program (DSGP) is now open!
For the purposes of the 2020 Direct Services Grant Program, eligible programs and organizations are those that provide quality supports and services to address the immediate basic needs of low-income Mainers (e.g.: food, shelter, clothing, physical and mental health, transportation, etc.). The Foundation will only consider requests that support the direct provision of client services versus support for organizational infrastructure needs (e.g.: database creation, strategic planning, staff training, organizational evaluation, etc.).
The Foundation will consider grant requests of up to $25,000, from a broad spectrum of non-profit organizations that provide direct services under existing programs over a 12-month period.
The Direct Services Grant Program provides both program/project funding and general operating support. Applicant organizations applying for general operating support must have a mission that includes helping low-income Maine residents and a successful track record of providing direct services to address clients’ immediate basic needs.
The 2020 Direct Services Grant Program will close on Wednesday, April 15. All applications must be submitted via our online grant application portal (below) by 5:00 PM that evening to be considered for funding. Applicants can expect to hear if they have been awarded a grant by Friday, May 29th, 2020.
- Before starting an application via the link below, please print (or open in a separate tab) and carefully review the 2020 DSGP Eligibility Criteria and Application Instructions.
- We’ve also created a List of Narrative Application Questions for applicants who prefer to have this information on hand before beginning an application.
- Please save your work often by clicking the “Save and Next” button at the bottom of each page. Web applications CAN and DO time out after a period of non-use. We also encourage applicants to cut and paste their narrative responses from a word processing application (Word, Google Docs, etc.) to ensure work isn’t lost should there be an internet connectivity glitch.
TO BEGIN YOUR DSGP APPLICATION:
For one-time access to start a NEW DSGP application, please click here.
- If you already have a John T. Gorman Foundation applicant account, please log in using your established email address and password.
- If you are a first-time applicant, please use the “New Applicant” link located below the email address field to create an account.
Once you have created your application via the link above, please use this link to access your in-process or submitted applications for all subsequent visits.