Open Position: Administration Associate
The John T. Gorman Foundation is currently accepting applications for the position of Administration Associate. To apply, please submit all of the following: a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com by April 22, 2019.
THE JOHN T. GORMAN FOUNDATION
The John T. Gorman Foundation
The John T. Gorman Foundation advances ideas and opportunities that can improve the lives of disadvantaged people in Maine.
To achieve the greatest impact, the Foundation has a special interest in strengthening families and helping communities provide them with the supports and opportunities they need to thrive. This focus on family strengthening reflects our founder, Tom Gorman's recognition that his personal success and achievement were largely derived from the support provided to him by his family and community, as well as his desire to provide those less fortunate with opportunities to succeed.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Administration Associate will serve as the Foundation's lead staff person in the following key areas:
· Administrative support for the Senior Team & Board of Directors
· Administrative support for Foundation staff
· Office administration/management and Reception
Administrative support for Senior Team and Foundation's Board of Directors
· Process all invoices for Accounts Payable, reconcile credit card statement
· Assist new hire orientation and benefits administration
· Assist with Investment Manager correspondence
· Provide calendar and schedule support, monitoring emails and action items
· Act as first-contact intermediary for external contacts
· Coordination, editing and distribution of Board materials
· Assist with Board and investment committee correspondence and meeting scheduling/logistics
Administrative support for Foundation staff
· Coordinate staff travel arrangements
· Support staff with administrative planning needs around meetings and conferences
· Administrative support for JTG Fellowship and other Foundation initiatives and events
· Creation of yearly Foundation calendar
· Ad hoc projects as assigned
Reception and Office Administration
· Serve as first contact for all Foundation phone calls and in-person visitors, ensuring highest level of customer service, warmth and accessibility
· Ensure professional image of space, maintain office supplies and equipment, and process mail
· Manage phone system and other office equipment – train new employees on proper use
· Ensure electronic and paper files are maintained and current
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will be someone with a strong commitment to the success of the team. They will also have exceptional social skills and a "get it done" attitude. The successful candidate will be someone who has strong organizational skills, with consistent follow-through and the capacity for multi-tasking. The Administration Associate accesses sensitive and confidential information and interacts with diverse professionals at all organizational levels and must have substantial past experience in a similar role requiring tact, discretion and confidentiality.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience;
· Minimum of 5 years' experience supporting senior executives and/or in operations and office administration;
· Good judgment, instincts and excellent social skills;
· Knowledge of office practices, processes and computer software programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and Powerpoint;
· Demonstrated planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to use diplomacy and discretion when dealing with the public;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
· Internal and external customer service orientation;
· Ability to produce timely and accurate reports; and
· Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Starting salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A strong benefit package will be provided as well.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit all of the following: a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2019.
The John T. Gorman Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.[Continue Reading]